Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cilantro-Parsley Pesto...YUM!

One of the aspects that I honestly love about my job is that I get to cook dinner almost every time I'm there, and I've been allowed some creative flexibility since we revised the menu. This was my tasty little dish this week...Cilantro-Parsley Pesto pasta. I know I know, you think pesto=basil, but not so in this case! It all started about a month ago when I wanted to make pesto and lo and behold...no basil to be found. Anywhere. One of the downsides of living this far north is that fresh ingredients are a little more difficult to come by. Or they just arrive later than expected. So I pouted for about a minute then came up with this delish dish using what the grocery store had available...cilantro and parsley...in Massive quantities. It has a much more mild flavor than a basil pesto would, but it is absolutely yummy and much more budget friendly. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! P.S. The colors of this meal are Gorgeous, serve it up with a baguette and fresh salad and it becomes a very filling, healthy meal.



Find the recipe for this meal here.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, come to my house and make this for me now! It was soooo good the lsat time you made it! You should also post your couscous recipe, I feel as though that one will be a winner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be making a post about the Summer Couscous Salad recipe soon. Probably within the next few days. :)

    ReplyDelete