Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mmm, Weddings and Soup

Well world, I officially had a fantabulous weekend! I got to celebrate a beautiful marriage between two close friends of mine and it was such a great time. I met some fabulous people that I got to spend the entire weekend with, got some crazy pictures and spent a lot of time with my sister. We were both in the wedding, so we got to do all the fun stuff like get pictures, wear fancy clothes, eat yummy food and get our hair and makeup done for us. I even got to give a toast...and I didn't pass out from paralyzing fear like I originally thought I would! Couldn't have been better. However, with all that being said, I am a bit drained of energy and haven't felt like making anything that's going to require me to do much, so soup it is!


I absolutely LOVE Asian cuisine. All of it. From anywhere in the whole flavorful continent. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, all of it. The flavors are so POW in your face tasty that it's pretty hard to resist. I made this Hot and Sour Soup recipe, and then gave it a little more doctoring of my own to give it the flavors that I love. When in doubt, you always add more garlic and Sriracha!  :) Like most of the soups that I enjoy making, this one is super simple, get your ingredients and toss them in a saucepan. Easy as pie. Which is a baffling saying in my opinion, but I suppose that's irrelevant. Anywhoozle, try the soup and love it!

2 comments:

  1. Awww!!! That's so sweet of you, publicly announcing how much you enjoyed spending time with your dear sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth? She really likes you:-)

    ReplyDelete