Sunday, March 4, 2012

Midwinter Burger Lovin'

One thing that I love doing is cooking, I could literally spend hours upon hours in a kitchen just creating things. I like to do what makes me happy, and cooking does that for me. So we're starting off this blog post with an epic veggie burger recipe that I whipped up last night in my miniscule kitchen. Believe me when I say that there is NO space in that thing. I have to use the cutting board on the stove, mix things on my dining room table and set up my food processor where the dish-rack ought to be...right next to the sink. Safety First! :)


I'm sick and tired of going to restaurants and getting robbed blind because I want to order a "vegetarian option." Which undoubtedly is always a flavorless veggie burger that tastes like mush and has a suspicious orange color to it, and nobody should want to eat that. If I'm paying out the nose for my dinner, it better not only taste good, but look dazzling WHILE being delicious. So I made my own dazzlingly delicious "burger" that fufills all necessary nom-nomming requirements without even coming close to breaking the bank! Colorful sweet peppers, crunchy onions and corn and delectable black beans and rice make this really hearty and filling, with the extra flavor kick coming in from the fresh cilantro that's blending with the mix.


 You won't need much in the way of making these, just a food processor (or good blender) a saucepan and saute pan and a bowl to mix your ingredients in. This is literally a mix and mash type of recipe; you mix your ingredients together...and you mash 'em into patties! And this recipe makes 10 solid sized patties too, which can be wrapped in wax paper, sealed in a plastic bag and tossed in the freezer for a quick meal for another time. Serve it up on a wrap with some melted cheese, veggies and Sriracha and you can't go wrong!


2 comments: